Re: Documenting "touchy" applications?

Subject: Re: Documenting "touchy" applications?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:46:36 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
> Do I document that the user must only do it from the left pane and
> that if they do it from the right, the results are not guaranteed?

I would just tell users to navigate in the left pane. If they navigate in
the right pane, they see the error message.

For example, "In the left pane of Windows Explorer, navigate to the
directory that contains the application you want to launch. Double-click the
.exe file in the right pane to launch the application."

Bonnie Granat
http://www.editors-writers.info

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr