Re: Jargon: Splitting hard disks?

Subject: Re: Jargon: Splitting hard disks?
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:51:41 -0800

>I'm editing a procedure related to hardware that is normally performed by
>our production department (hence my lack of familiarity with the topic).
>The procedure calls for "splitting the hard disk in two partitions, c: and

It's simply called "partitioning the drive," and yes, your audience will understand.

("Splitting" is useless jargon.)

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W !

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!

Re: Jargon: Splitting hard disks?: From: Cynthia Armistead