Re: Advice for a Canadian newbie contract tech writer on first contract?

Subject: Re: Advice for a Canadian newbie contract tech writer on first contract?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:58:16 -0800 (PST)

I've started gigs before the paperwork was cut with no problem. Do
you have a reason to distrust them? Unless you have reason not to be,
what's wrong with being flexible. It's only a week.

--- sclarke -at- nucleus -dot- com wrote:

> Hello everyone:
>
> After months of looking for work I've just landed my first contract
>
> position. I don't have the contract in my hot little hands yet nor
> has it
> been signed yet either. I've asked to have it prior to commencement
> of work
> on April 1st. I'm getting the impression from the client
> organization that
> I likely won't have it until sometime during the first week of
> work.
>
> Should I be concerned about this? Do I need a letter of intention
> or letter of agreement prior to starting?

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/31
Resume: http://www.tdandw.com/Resume_Posada_022202.doc