RE: Re; Validating documentation

Subject: RE: Re; Validating documentation
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:49:50 -0800 (PST)

Suzanne...first, it is obvious that you got the short end of the

However...and this is unfortunate...but I believe that it is the
responsibility of employers to place their own interests (and
survival) first, and if is the responsibility of employees to place
their own interests (and survival) first. When everyone's interest
are the same, great. When not, you get what you have here.

Aftet the first couple of demonstrations that the inevidable was
happening, you should have seen the writing on the might
not have been able to change the results, but they should not have
come as a surprise.

--- Suzanne Chiles <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com> wrote:
> > From: Andrew Plato
> > Ask any normal business owner who works 90 hours a week. You lose
> a lot of
> > tolerance for whiners, blamers, bitchers, and cry babies who are
> > always upset
> > that somebody didn't properly respect their tender genius.
> >
> OK, here's other side of story.
> Writer works for small startup and consistently works 60 weeks.
> Must do her
> editing and polishing at home on weekends, as there's no time in
> schedules to do during the work week.
> Writer's manager goes on maternity leave. Company lays off half the
> department. Writer not only asked to assume manager's
> responsibilities, but
> those of laid-off writers. Writer now working at office 7 days a
> week and
> keeps changes of clothes at office so that she can sleep on the
> couch when
> she's too tired to drive home safely. Cats boarded for a month, at
> writer's
> expense, because writer cannot take care of them during worst of
> "crunch".

John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/31

Do You Yahoo!?

RE: Re; Validating documentation: From: Suzanne Chiles