Re: Consequences of inadequate docs/training

Subject: Re: Consequences of inadequate docs/training
From: "Martin Page" <mpage -at- csl -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:14:35 -0000

"Tom Murrell"
> The documentation would have the biggest Danger Warning I could put in it.

I haven't seen any modern weapons manuals, but they must be full of
warnings - e.g. "Don't call down an air strike within 50m of your position."
"Establish positive identification before firing on target" and so on.

So, how do you avoid overloading the manuals with warnings and cautions to
the extent that you make the reader blasé or destroy their faith in the
equipment?

(This probably also applies to other critical real-time systems, e.g.
medical software)

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr