Re: How to look good in your customer's eyes

Subject: Re: How to look good in your customer's eyes
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:59:15 -0900

Andrew Plato wrote:

Let me get this right...the way to look good is to set low expectations so if
you do better than those easy to meet expectations, you look great??

You should always set high expectations and work hard to meet them. I can
respect a person who shoots high and missed than a person who shoots low and
barely makes it.
Sorry, this one has to go to Andrew. I've been a lurker for a couple zillion years, but my professional writing experience goes back to 1976, and I can tell you without question that you will rise up to meet your expectations. If you set your goals on mediocre, i.e., "that's good enough," you will attain them.
However, if you set your sights on doing the best you can do under the circumstances facing you, then regardless of your monetary return, you are a success. If your monetary reward is mediocre, then don't lower your standards, get a better job or get better at negotiating a better contract. I'd talk more, but my beer is getting cold....(it's an Alaskan joke, sorry).

--
Al Geist, Geist Associates
From Concept to Completion

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr