Re: How to look good in your customer's eyes

Subject: Re: How to look good in your customer's eyes
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:42:13 -0800 (PST)

"Michael Feimster" wrote.

> This may sound cynical, but underpromise and overdeliver. In other words,
> set low expectations that can easily be met, or surpassed.

Oh give me a break...Sounds like another STC seminar: "Excellence Through
Lameness."

Let me get this right...the way to look good is to set low expectations so if
you do better than those easy to meet expectations, you look great??

Whoa. That is lame.

You should always set high expectations and work hard to meet them. I can
respect a person who shoots high and missed than a person who shoots low and
barely makes it.

Personally, I couldn't look at myself in the mirror with this attitude. My work
might not always make my customers a billion dollars, but like hell will I turn
over something that wasn't the absolute best I could do.

The problem with the shoot low attitude is that each subsequent project, you
shoot a little lower. Until finally, your work is total crap and people are
laughing at your documents.

Andrew Plato

http://movies.yahoo.com/

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr