Re: PDF QUESTION

Subject: Re: PDF QUESTION
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:33:59 -0800 (PST)

> to suggest, but I always wonder why--since the Reader is free--they
> don't just upgrade to the current version? Isn't that better than
> making everyone jump through hoops?

I'll give you an example that I find here.

We have multiple 10s of thousands of employees who are given company
laptops with an approved "desktop"; applications that are
pre-installed.

We then outsource all support to another company.

With a high percentage of those 10s of thousands of machines running
X version of anything, what do you think the issues would be to
coordinate the upgrade, expecialy since many of all those users won't
do any upgrading on their own without the endorsement of the company.

Besides the fear factor, desktop support here (and most places) will
only support authorized versions of applications. Anything else, you
are on your own, no matter how safe an upgrade.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/30
Resume: http://www.tdandw.com/Resume_Posada_022202.doc