RE: Subject: Re: (Possibly OT) Can I quote you?

Subject: RE: Subject: Re: (Possibly OT) Can I quote you?
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:17:59 -0600

And what would you do if that person said "no"?

I'm not sure where this idea that you must ask permission to quote someone came from. After all, I'm not going to dig up Ayn Rand and ask her permission to use the quote in my sig line below.

It's not that I'm saying that it's a bad thing to do, but let's please keep it straight that it is nothing more than a courtesy and not a requirement.