RE: HUMOR: STC Conference Time!

Subject: RE: HUMOR: STC Conference Time!
From: "Dave Neufeld" <Dave_Neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:39:18 -0800

Hey,

Am I the only one on this list to have caught Andrew's Rattle in Seattle at the 1999 STC conference? D*mn, I should gotten a T-shirt. But he didn't have any then. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Talked to a few that regretted skipping it too...

Paradoxically enough, Andrew did not present a technical topic at the regional STC conference, but a session on making money as a contractor. He had this totally nifty set of notes of his... uh... process. Had a picture of a hand holding a fistful of dollars on the front cover. In fact I just dragged it out of my files now and am looking at it right now.

Anitian Consulting "Bidding & Estimating Contract & Reelance Projects"
STC Region 7 Conference Presentation
Octover 4, 1999
By Andrew Plato

5 sections and 26 pages long. Concise, yet comprehensive. Beautifully laid out. Wonderfully written. Well orgainized and valuable information. This guy communicates brilliantly. Nothing about networks, routers or security. And I am grinning like the idiot I am at the irony as I type this.

In a live presentation, Andrew is as deft as he is in his TECHWR-L posts. But far more personable. He did tend to run ahead of his presentation occasionally and skipped points. (His brain seems overclocked.) But he'd return to the skipped points when asked. I should have bought him a beer at the bar later. Maybe I though he was getting paid to present. My mistake. Sorry Andrew. But I understand that you do drive a nicer car than the rest of us...

Rawk on dude...