Re: PDF extraction bug

Subject: Re: PDF extraction bug
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 20:38:50 +1000

Acrobat 5 will convert the PDF to RTF. Have you tried that? You'd probably have the same problem with the "fi" and possibly some of the other characters, though, so it might not make any difference.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.jeanweber.com/

Martin Finke wrote:

I use Gemini to extract text from PDF from a regular client who uses the
TBodoni font.

Every time I extract from one of their files to RTF format the two
consecutive characters "fi" are deleted. Apostrophes and quotation marks are
deleted also.

Is there a way to combat this? Perhaps a more sophisticated PDF extraction
tool than Gemini? My client will most likely not change their favourite font
just for me (I work at a translation agency).