Image formats

Subject: Image formats
From: Alfred P M <pmalfred -at- emailaccount -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 05:08:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I am new to this list and I looked through the archives, but I didn't find any information on this topic. I am looking for a comparison of the following image formats -- GIF, JPEG and PNG

I did look on the web and found numerous articles on this topic, with advice about which format to choose, etc. However, what I am looking for is a comparison (data) of the compression that each of these formats provide.

For example, lets say you have a 100 Kb GIF file. What I am looking for is the equivalent file size in PNG and JPEG of the same file when converted?

I know that there are different "factors" you can tweak to get levels of compression and asking this type of question may be not give me the true picture. However, I need to find out information, so if you could let me know if there some site that gives this kind of information, etc. I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Alfred

A free email account your friends will never forget!
Get YOURNAME -at- EmailAccount -dot- com at http://www.emailaccount.com/

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like you -at- yourbiz -dot- com from Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net?tag