TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Here's an idea: how about we set up a NEW Technical Society of Communicators (NTSC, for short)?
- It would pay speakers (and vet them for quality based on peer-reviewed submissions)
- mount an exhibition alongside the conference and invite Adobe and other toolmakers to put up a stand to sell TW wares
- Use exhibitors' fees to seriously reduce attendance fees for members (to, say, $50)
- Allow for attendance of exhibition and conference separately - or both (in a package deal)
- Arrange discounts for all pre-registered attendees (of conference or exhibition) at nearby hotels and restaurants
- Being a Technical Society, will address all the issues that Andrew misses.
Its European branch would be known as PAL, of course.
- Jonathan Stoppi
loof -at- qualum -dot- com
Are you using Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp? Switch to RoboHelp for Word for $249
or to RoboHelp Office for only $499. Get the PC Magazine five-star rated
Help authoring tool for less! Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr
Free copy of ARTS PDF Tools when you register for the PDF
Conference by April 30. Leading-Edge Practices for Enterprise
& Government, June 3-5, Bethesda,MD. www.PDFConference.com
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.