RE: Why don't technical writer's do case studies?

Subject: RE: Why don't technical writer's do case studies?
From: "Carey Jennifer (Cry)" <jennifer -dot- carey -at- cdi -dot- cerberus -dot- ch>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:08:39 +0200

Yes, I forgot to mention that I was talking about docs.

I think this advice applies to most content and format though. The obvious
exception would be if you are already using versioning software (for
example, Source Safe) or your software maintains a complete history of
changes on its own.
--------------------------
Brad wrote:
What kinds of documents do you want to save? DOCS obviously. XLS?
PDF?
--------------------------
His question was in response to my earlier comment:
I'll add my own entry:
keep all comments made by reviewers in an archive at least until
the document has been officially released. Also, whenever you make
significant changes to your own document involving deleting or rewriting,
save the old version. (I personally get into these maniacal "organisation
time" moods where I have this compulsive urge to thow out everything I think
I might not need. I learned this particular lesson the hard way more times
than I care to admit).

Jennifer