RE: Poll suggestion: Lurkers

Subject: RE: Poll suggestion: Lurkers
From: "Kathy Mizell" <KathyMizell -at- mfpoer -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:19:51 -0500

Of the options Keith offers, my reason would be "Don't feel qualified". Since all poll questions seem to result in essay answers, I'll explain further.

- I use Word exclusively at work so I can't comment on other tools.
- I don't write user manuals for software or hardware, so I can't comment on these issues.
- I document policies and procedures for company internal use only so I don't have issues with translations.
- I have the knowledge to be my own SME so conflicts and lack of response is not a concern (I am practicing "procrastination" and am getting better and better <g>)
- I have the ability to telecommute when needed based on my own decision.
- I rarely see my manager. I communicate with him when needed via EMail. He receives a copy of my output so he is aware of my progress so I don't have those issues.
- Writing is just a part of my job. I spend more time training employees on a one-on-one basis or small class settings.

I have learned a lot about writing from my own experience, reading recommended books, contacts with fellow local STC members, and from reading posts on this list-serve. If I can offer something of benefit in reply to a post, I willingly do so but these are few and far between. Until then, I will continue to lurk.

Kathy Mizell
kathymizell -at- mfpoer -dot- com