Re: I feel like I am once again in the wrong profession

Subject: Re: I feel like I am once again in the wrong profession
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:10:55 -0500

The Dallas/Fort Worth area is suffering, too. The tech writing outlook at the moment is dismal.

Jo Byrd

Curtis Brautigam wrote, in part:

After working for a little over two years for a company that was one of my best work environments, I became another casuality of the recession, and I was laid off on March 7. I have been pounding the digital pavement now for a little over a month with only two interviews and no jobs to show... I was laid off from my academic job in 1995 and went into technical writing to escape one tight job market, and now that I am laid off from this job, I am finding another tight job market.

I would appreciate any leads, particularly in the following areas...