RE: Poll suggestion: Lurkers

Subject: RE: Poll suggestion: Lurkers
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:15:45 -0800

On digest, reading this lunchtime Monday. In case
anyone forgot already, original post was on Friday.
Timeliness is an issue. Dead threads, need no more
beating than does a dead horse.

Using web based email to severe all ties to my employer,
so that evades the employer seeing my posts issue.
Using an alias, so even further separation, so flames are
not a problem. Light 'em up. Also keeps my name out of
things. Only a few SPAMs received, but it could be from
any of the 5 email lists I receive there. Very few received,
and I'm active against SPAMMERs and been successful at
stopping further intrusions.

Not many posts could use my input. Interleaf was my tool
for 12 years, new job, learning FM+SGML, no expert, yet.
TW experience on rocket engines & fighter jet structures,
now networking SW & I/O cards. Need to learn all of it,
thus lurking and learning.

Learning about XML, website design, and other technologies
for personal reasons, not necessarily work related, so a
little bit more justification for a separation from work.

The few Q's I have, I ask.

Don't need my me-too, BTDT, or otherwise extra redundant posts.

I learn a lot. The only person here who knew about
IXgen learned of it before hiring on. I downloaded it
and tested it during the 1 week eval, and posted to the
rest of the team. Anything outside of a very narrow path
is unknown. I get to play with new things and suggest them
to the team. I also get to go out and look on company time,
as one of the reasons I was hired was to bring innovation
to our process.

I tend to get wordy in my posts, so I minimize the
quantity of messages, and maximize their content!

For me, this is a short post.

CB
--
Three of can't do anything, but