Re: Maximize and Minimize

Subject: Re: Maximize and Minimize
From: "Margaret Secara" <margaret -dot- secara -at- alphather -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:27:08 -0700

Individual words cannot be copyrighted, and I can't imagine how Microsoft would get away with trademarking an ordinary verb that simply describes a quite ordinary action. It makes the window smaller---it minimizes it. That's just English. (The best place to check for what Microsoft considers their own, their very own, is on their web site.)

You're worrying too much, Ben. Just write. :)

Maggie Secara

>>> "Benjamin J." <twriter01 -at- hotmail -dot- com> Tuesday, April 16, 2002 >>>

Does Microsoft have "maximize" and "minimize" terms trademarked or
copywritten, when used in a "maximize the window..." type of context? I'm
not sure if I should use it or not, but I'd like to because it seems to be a
universal term. TIA