Re: Maximize and Minimize

Subject: Re: Maximize and Minimize
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <susanwg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:24:00 -0700

Well, this is as good a time as any to announce
that I need to change my web page, so if you've
got my online help wp "Writing for Short Attention
Span Theater" bookmarked, it will soon be changed.
I've received a cease-and-desist order from the
/registered/ trademark holder of the phrase
"Short Attention Span"!!!!!! No, I am not
kidding. And my poor little wp has been sitting
there for at least five years!

Go figure. <sigh>

How does "Writing for Attention Deficit Disorder
Theater" sound???? nah. I'm stumped. Suggestions
welcomed.

But it just goes to show that you never know...

-Sue Gallagher
susanwg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com

At 02:40 PM 4/16/02 -0400, you wrote:

I just bought a pair of HAGGAR dress pants and they claim "wrinkle free" as a
trademark.

There are lots of questionable trademarks ...out there...
the system allows the ...deepest pockets to pay to lay claim
to everything their heart desires ...

Eric L. Dunn

Individual words cannot be copyrighted, and I can't imagine how Microsoft would
get away with trademarking an ordinary verb...

Maggie Secara