RE: Tech Writing Question

Subject: RE: Tech Writing Question
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:11:24 -0700 (PDT)

Walden...

Having been at a company who invented most of the telephone system as
laboratory to the RBOCs; Bell Communications Research, then Bellcore,
now Telcordia, I can only point you to a link that shows what
polished documentation can lead to. Telcordia makes MANY BIG BUCKS
selling documentation, which pretty much can be used to create a
phone company from scratch. Perhaps thay should take the lead from a
leader.

http://telecom-info.telcordia.com/site-cgi/ido/index.html

--- walden miller <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com> wrote:

> I am late getting on to this thread, but this topic is a current
> headache that has stopped me from reading the list.
>
> software (at this point) will ever be packaged to be sold to rival
> cable TV
> companies (the only audience for this software). I am looking at
> somewhere
> in the neighborhood of a 1000 documents ranging from 5 page RPI's
> to 1000 page API reference manuals.
>
> The argument against putting on 5 more writers is that "maybe we
> don't need
> polished documents." The idea is that the engineers will write all
> the
> documentation. The engineers are on my side. They are eager to
> work with
> the writers. Personally, I think eleven writers overall are
> needed, but I
> am cutting corners and working writers hard to get it down to 8.
> Only three writers is my headache.
>
> I know I will get the writers in the end, but it is sad that I
> can't put them on when we need them most.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/30
Resume: http://www.tdandw.com/Resume_Posada_022202.doc