Re: Job Switch

Subject: Re: Job Switch
From: johanne -dot- cadorette -at- locusdialog -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:54:28

As others have pointed out, there are no guarantees, whether you stay or
go. So staying at your no-longer satisfying job isn't necessarily the safe
way to go.

I've taken lots of risks similar to the situation you are describing, and
yes, a few of them didn't pan out(two failed .coms, amoung others). But you
know what? I don't regret any of those decisions because I always learning
something new, was challenged to move beyond my comfort zones, and somehow
managed to improve my lot in life.

That said, if you have misgivings about the company's viability, maybe you
should ask them about it. I don't know that they'd hand over the business
plan, but who knows? Given your experience with them, I don't think that
asking some general questions about the company's finances or how it is
managed would be out of line (without sounding like a lunatic.).

Then again, at one of my former places of work that no longer exists, I
stopped short of making them show me the books, and it turns out the owner
was hiding all sorts of stuff that the bookkeeper didn't know about. I was
there for three months before a padlock was put on the door, so, there you
have it.

There are no guarantees. But without some risks, life is just a little less
interesting.

My two cents, hope it helps. Good luck!

Johanne Cadorette