RE: lurkers and lurking

Subject: RE: lurkers and lurking
From: "Ronan DEPAGNE" <ronan -dot- depagne -at- atempo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:59:06 +0200

> One of our criteria for recruiting is "Is willing to appear
> ignorant." Lots
> of fun interviewing for that one!
>
> V.

Yeah, actually, that's exactly how I got my current job, three weeks
fresh out of school.
During the test that came after the interview, I raised my head and
asked my current boss, "Err, excuse me, what is xxxxxxxxx?"

Five days after that, I was in. Still am, and still asking. If you do
not ask about what you do not know, you'll never know about it. It is
not stupidity, it is wanting to learn. and it *does* wonders with SMEs.

Ronan DEPAGNE, office +33 (0) 1 64 86 83 00
Technical Writer, Documentation Department
ronan -dot- depagne -at- atempo -dot- com
Atempo S.A. (formerly Quadratec S.A.)

"Teach me. Oh please, teach me." Ronan, 2002