RE: Publish 400+ Excel Spreadsheets?

Subject: RE: Publish 400+ Excel Spreadsheets?
From: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:17:11 -0500

Your approach doesn't meet the requirements Barry originally stated. He
said "Users must be able to edit the spreadsheets (in Excel) and have them
automatically update in the document."

If all you're doing is embedding screenshots, what's the value of using
Frame? One can do that quite readily with just about any tool. Actually, my
opinion is that this project is probably best approached from a
Microsoft-product standpoint. Using Word is probably the best option but
would require someone at an expert level with all products concerned.

Where it might get tricky is if the spreadsheets exceeded a single page. I
haven't mucked around with that aspect of things because I don't normally
embed Excel objects into Word.

Mike

---
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert
Office: (262) 694-1028 - Pager: (414) 318-9509 - Fax: (262) 697-6334
Home (262) 694-0932 - mike -at- writestarr -dot- com - http://www.writestarr.com