tools - acrobat 5 and doc-to-help

Subject: tools - acrobat 5 and doc-to-help
From: "Cayenne Woods" <cayenne -dot- woods -at- viaken -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:04:39 -0400

Hello all

I'm in a new job and we've got Acrobat 4 - I've used 5 in the past, and seem to remember there are good reasons to update, but can't find anything in the techwrite archives. Would appreciate feedback - more stable, more features, is what I remember, but want to present my case well.

Also, since ForeHelp's gone (: and they want context-sensitive help later, it looks like I may have to buckle down and learn RoboHelp, but am now looking at Doc-to-Help as well, which apparently incorporated some of ForeHelp's features. One concern is that when I was job-hunting (for 4 months!!!!) several companies specifically wanted experience with RoboHelp, but others wanted experience with relatively new technologies/programs (ArborText? I think it's new-ish??) so maybe it balances out.

My thoughts are that doctohelp is a less steep learning curve and will do us fine, at half the cost...

Also, the techwhirl site used to have articles comparing the tools, but I wasn't able to find them just now. In fact, the articles are not linked very obviously at all, imnsho

Would appreciate feedback on these 3 or other main tools, or pointers to where up-to-date articles are that compare them.

thanks for tips
Cayenne