RE: Practical Limits of Files Size in MS Word

Subject: RE: Practical Limits of Files Size in MS Word
From: "Kevin Christy" <kevinchristy -at- socal -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:15:53 -0700

Kim said:

>>-- Embedding objects can blow up your file size beyond belief. I'm
talking about anything other than Word files or vanilla-format pictures. <<

Amen to that. I stopped embedding objects a long time ago. Being able to
double-click on an item and spawn an editing process native to the object
type is a nice feature that is NOT SUFFICIENTLY RELIABLE and contributes
mightily to document bloat. Avoid this feature.

I've found that inserting images in Picture format is the simplest, easiest,
most efficient way to handle images in Word.

Kevin