Robohelp Office 2002

Subject: Robohelp Office 2002
From: Jennifer Maitland <jlm -at- kwi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:25:34 +0100

Hello all,

Anyone out there using Robohelp Office 2002? I've been granted permission to
order it, but after reading a bit about it I'm a little confused between the
two different modules. I've used Robohelp before (mostly to create
uncompiled Web help) but haven't ever had to order it myself.

In 2002, the 'suite' consists of Robohelp for Microsoft HTML, and Robohelp
for WinHelp ($899 together or $499 each). The only real difference I see
(beyond one help format that doesn't apply to me) is that one uses a WYSIWYG
editor and the other uses Microsoft Word. My biggest requirement is that the
HAT imports Framemaker files, which both modules seem to do.

After reading the spec I think I'd only need Robohelp for Microsoft HTML,
but I'm wondering if anyone out there has found they need the other module,
or if it's essential to have both modules? I'd just as soon order the one if
it's all I need.

Any insight is appreciated, thanks.

Jennifer