Re: Question about sending one's resume to companies

Subject: Re: Question about sending one's resume to companies
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 15:01:05 +0200

I suppose that as on so many other occasions in life,
someone will hate you for whatever you do. As for me,
I'm turned off by applicants who walk in saying "Don't
tell me about your company, let me tell you about your
company." I think, "What are you, Professor Harold
Hill?"

I don't care whether you recently read that General
Bullmose has exercised his option to purchase 3% more
of our shares. I care whether you can deal with
arrogant engineers and meet deadlines. I'm impressed
if you happen to understand our technology, but you
can't fake that from reading a web page or two.
If you try, I'll start worrying whether you won't
be impatiently faking your documentation assignments
on insufficient information too.

Mark L. Levinson
Herzlia, Israel
nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il