Re: REquest for advice on Workflow & Tools

Subject: Re: REquest for advice on Workflow & Tools
From: jsokohl -at- mac -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:44:22

Sorry for the sensitive reaction to Goober. I did take the comments in the
wrong way, I guess--and I apologize to the list for also wasting time.

The situation is not as simple nor stereotypic as it might seem. Yes, the
option of incorporating FM into the workflow exists. Yes, the idea of using
structured approaches exists. But no, I was not brought in to write the
documents, but to provide document design, style & usage input, and
documentation planning. I do help with writing, but so far that amounts to
performing substantive, developmental editing.

My question is simple: can a mixed world of Word-to-Frame not only work,
but make sense? I do appreciate the helpful comments.

In regards to Visio, I need to be able to allow writers to incorporate
Visio drawings into their documents.

joe

Buy RoboHelp Office in May and you'll save $100 with our mail-in rebate.
Or switch from Doc-to-Help or ForeHelp to RoboHelp Office for only $499.
Get the help authoring tool PC magazine recently awarded a perfect score!
Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr