RE: Reporting indecent spam

Subject: RE: Reporting indecent spam
From: jrondeau <jrondeau -at- OREGON -dot- UOREGON -dot- EDU>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:32:32 -0700

Before we all get chastised for furthering an off-topic discussion, I'd just
like to let those who care know that hotmail seems not to be the culprit in
this case. My primary account, which is protected from much and which I take
good care of (the one from which this message is posted), has received at
least one of these obscene messages a day for, I guess, about the past month.
Only time I've ever been truly spammed. I delete unread and get on w/ my life,
intending to investigate or complain further and lacking the time and energy
to act on my intentions.

So -- hotmail would appear not to be the origin of the problem. And I, for
one, am grateful to the list for putting up with the off-topic discussion, to
let others know about the problem. Not glad, but it is useful info for me if I
ever try to figure out what's going on with my account.

Jennifer

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l