RE: Appendixes vs. Annexes

Subject: RE: Appendixes vs. Annexes
From: "walden miller" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:29:11 -0600

Recently, I worked on the OpenCable Application Platform specification (a
derivative of DVB/MHP spec). When we took the specification to the
International Telecommunications Union, annex and appendix had very specific
meanings: annexes are normative, appendixes are descriptive (explanatory,
referential, etc.--they could be left out, but shouldn't).

This may be splitting hairs in US english, but I think that international
groups are using British English. I don't see the differences in US
specifications, but I always see them in international specs.

walden

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l