RE: FWD: Open Office experience out there?

Subject: RE: FWD: Open Office experience out there?
From: "Keith Soltys" <keith -at- soltys -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:37:41 -0400

>Bruce Byfield wrote:
>

> > Megan Golding wrote:
>
> >5. Bulleted lists. For some reason that seemed odd to me, any lists of
> >bullets I had in Word got converted into SO as the ugliest lists I've
> >ever seen. Don't know why and never investigated it fully to figure it
> >out. Just something to keep an eye on.
> >
> I haven't noticed this problem in OO, but I had experiences in SO 5.2
> much like yours.

I just downloaded OO and ran one of my more complex documents from work
through it. I'd say the conversion was about 95% perfect. Bulleted lists
were the major problem - the indents didn't match the lists in the Word
document. Headings were also slightly indented.

I suspect that this could be easily fixed by tweaking the styles, which
incidentally appeared mostly to be named differently from the ones in my
document.

>From a quick look at the features, I'm quite impressed. I may start using
it at home just to learn it.

All the best