RE: Windows 2000 Professional vs Windows XP Professional

Subject: RE: Windows 2000 Professional vs Windows XP Professional
From: "Keith Soltys" <keith -at- soltys -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 13:36:12 -0400

I'm using Windows XP Home at home and W2K Pro at work. Both are very stable,
although I'd have to give the edge to W2K, which has not blue-screened or
crashed on me in 3 months since it's been installed. I'm experiencing
occasional crashes (about one every couple of weeks, where the machine will
spontaneously reboot), which I am fairly sure are related to my video driver
(ATI Radeon). Otherwise, the system is stable and far better than Win 98 in
that respect (daily or better crashes, or glitches forcing a reboot).

The major reason I'd go for XP is the ClearType font smoothing technology.
Although it's designed for use on LCD monitors, it does work on normal CRT
displays and the improvement is quite dramatic. It's a big enough
improvement that I'd upgrade to XP just for that.

Regards
Keith

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l