RE: writing tests are for wussies...

Subject: RE: writing tests are for wussies...
From: "Kieffer, Barry" <barry_kieffer -at- mentorg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:10:47 -0700

One of the biggest problems with most personality tests is that ANYBODY can administer a test, but few can REALLY interpret the results.

Even tests like "tell me a time when you had conflict with a co-worker, and how did you resolve it?" type questions are very hard to interpret. We all have "filters" that only allow us to "hear" what we want to. One person might hear how well the person dealt with the conflict (made up or real, we never really know), another person might feel the conflict was not dealt with exactly how they would therefore the person cannot deal with conflict.

How many of you, during an interview, have been asked these questions and really felt the asker was not even listing to the answer?

As I said, tests are easy to give, hard to interpret.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l