Re: writing tests are for wussies...

Subject: Re: writing tests are for wussies...
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:22:16 -0400

"Kieffer, Barry" wrote:

> Even tests like "tell me a time when you had conflict with a co-worker, and how did you resolve it?" type questions are very hard to interpret. We all have "filters" that only allow us to "hear" what we want to. One person might hear how well the person dealt with the conflict (made up or real, we never really know), another person might feel the conflict was not dealt with exactly how they would therefore the person cannot deal with conflict.
>
> How many of you, during an interview, have been asked these questions and really felt the asker was not even listing to the answer?
>
> As I said, tests are easy to give, hard to interpret.

At an interview for a government job, I was asked what would I do if
someone offered me a bribe of $1,000,000. I replied that sum was a lot
of money; I was not sure what I would do and that anyone who answered
differently was a liar. I got the job.

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity,"
- Einstein-

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l