Re: Storage of hardcopy reviews?

Subject: Re: Storage of hardcopy reviews?
From: "Miller, Alan" <Alan -dot- Miller -at- prometric -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:32:13 -0400

Lemme tell ya about Regulatory Concerns. Turns out that the mass of hardcopy documentation required for the construction and operation of a typical nuclear power plant over its 30-year licensed lifetime exceeds the mass of the plant (including structures). And any one of those documents must be available for NRC audit and review. Though only the current year and one past year must be available on site, the rest may be stored on site electronically. Originals must be preserved for the life of the plant plus some (secret) number of years somewhere secure and off site.

Now, where did I put that draft?

Al Miller
"Chief Documentation Curmudgeon"
Prometric, a Thomson Corporation business
Baltimore, MD

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
--Herm Albright