Query: FM/PDF link between manuals

Subject: Query: FM/PDF link between manuals
From: walter -dot- crockett -at- ascentialsoftware -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:08:36 -0400

I learned this solution in Shlomo Perets' wonderful Frame-to-Acrobat course
(at least I hope this is the right solution!):

To link to chapters in other PDFs, when you print the Frame book to
postscript (using the Acrobat Distiller driver, of course), make sure that
all books with chapters you are linking to are open in FrameMaker. That is,
if you are printing the Foo-Bar Administrator's Guide, and it has a link to
chapter 3 of the Foo-Bar User's Guide, open Foo-Bar User's Guide and keep it
open while you are printing the Administrator's Guide.

Walter Crockett

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l