RE: scanners

Subject: RE: scanners
From: "Grant, Christopher" <CGrant -at- glhec -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:29:09 -0500

> I'd escalate this to a manger with this information. I can't
> really any company wanting to spend 100% more on equipment
> and 95% more on time and labor just so IT doesn't have to
> deal with another desktop configuration.

Totally. Especially when you consider that it's IT's _responsibility_ to
enable the staff to use IT resources as needed. IT departments like to make
you believe they're working with impossibly complex systems that are
precariously balanced - and in some cases this is actually true. But even
if it IS true, it's their job to figure out how to make your requests work
within their systems, if it's justified. Don't just let them summarily
dismiss your request.

Chris Grant

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l