Re: When users want jargon

Subject: Re: When users want jargon
From: CHRISTINE ANAMEIER <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:31:54 -0400

"Degrowth"? Ugh!

I wonder whether the people making those comments are representative of the
actual users. Are they the folks who will use the manual, or are they their
managers? For all we know, "degrowth" and its ilk could be management jargon
that the actual users politely ignore in favor of simpler, common-sense
language. (Then we get into the question of "Do we write for the users, or for
the people who pay us?" but that's another topic.)

Christine

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l