RE: MA in English or engineering classes?

Subject: RE: MA in English or engineering classes?
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:28:21 -0400

An option worth investigating: get your Master's in tech writing (whatever
the degree) and see if you can get the engineering/computer science courses
you want to take to apply to that. That is, most good tech writing courses
include some requirement for technical coursework as well as
English/rhetoric courses. Check with your chosen program to see what their
requirements are. If you already have coursework/experience, there's no
point in taking a course in the subject, but you may be able to take a
different technical course and apply that to the requirements.

Just my $0.02US


Check out RoboDemo for tutorials! It makes creating full-motion software
demonstrations and other onscreen support materials easy and intuitive.
Need RoboHelp? Save $100 on RoboHelp Office in May with our mail-in rebate.
Go to

Your monthly sponsorship message here reaches more than
5000 technical writers, providing 2,500,000+ monthly impressions.
Contact Eric (ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) for details and availability.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: query about US English usage
Next by Author: RE: Line vs. queue...
Previous by Thread: RE: MA in English or engineering classes?
Next by Thread: Re: MA in English or engineering classes?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads