Re: Motivation - Update

Subject: Re: Motivation - Update
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:14:24 -0800

Perform another task, lower in priority perhaps,
but still something that needs to be done, eventually.

Do something that DOES provide some satisfaction.
In my case at the moment, I have to reconcile
3 versions of a document (created over 3 years)
into one document. Boring & tedious to compare
versions, document them, compose questions to
the SME, etc.

I also have results of a documentation survey to
analyze. I enjoy messing with spreadsheets and
seeing what I can do with the responses to make
some sense out of it all, so I jump back to this
task when mentally needed.

Silly, but cleaning and re-organizing your work
area can do a wealth of good for your self esteem
and improvement of your general attitude.

Listen to some good or very different music
while working can really help too. Some great
radio stations are on-line.

<blatant plug> kvmr.org kpig.com <blatant plug/>

CB

--
Surfy! http://www.surfy.com Great web search, free web email, and $9.95 unlimited Internet access