RE: Active Directory

Subject: RE: Active Directory
From: "Dave Murray" <davemurray -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:46:58 -0400

>I have been contacted about a technical writing position that requires
>"specific experience with Microsoft's Active Directory Technology."

I used to document enterprise-level middleware software. The software used
several third-party software products to accomplish its job, one of which
was Microsoft's Active Directory. Part of the setup procedure for the
software involved configuring it to work with Active Directory.

My sense is that this position involves a product that interacts with Active
Directory, and the company would prefer a writer that has enough experience
with Active Directory to write a similar configuration procedure.

In my case, I worked very closely with a developer to write the
configuration procedure, and it took several rounds to get it right. We were
trying to balance that fine line of not documenting a third-party product
but giving the customer a little more help than just saying, "See your
Active Directory documentation."

Good luck, Diane.

Dave Murray

Technical Documentation & Online Help Systems

mailto:davemurray -at- attbi -dot- com
http://home.attbi.com/~davemurray/tw.htm

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l