Re: HTML email

Subject: Re: HTML email
From: "Dave Murray" <davemurray -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:54:29 -0400

David Neeley said,

"2. HTML email is a security nightmare! It's too easy
to bury malicious code in it to affect folks who open
it...and most have security-nightmare software like
Outlook that defaults to a "preview" that can do the
trick for the malicious."

I agree. I received copy of the W32 -dot- Frethem -dot- E -at- mm virus the other day. My AV
software stopped it before it caused any damage, but I've decided to switch
to plain text email. I'd prefer to exchange pretty pictures and graphics
for peace of mind.

Dave Murray

Technical Documentation & Online Help Systems

mailto:davemurray -at- attbi -dot- com
http://home.attbi.com/~davemurray/tw.htm

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l