RE: Help! Suddenly I'm a new RFP/proposal writer

Subject: RE: Help! Suddenly I'm a new RFP/proposal writer
From: Nora von Gerichten <wlg -at- pacificcoast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:35:18 -0700

Offlist I asked Nora to elaborate on what R&D RFPs are like - I've only
done sales proposals for products and services. Back to you, Nora, and
thanks again!

Please remember I am in Canada.

As a general rule, Canada funds more R&D than the US but very, very little commercialization. The US funds commercialization but the R&D is done under special arrangements in partnership with research facilities (eg universities). In other words, the Canadians get the cheque and the US get the bill from the research facilities.

Neither system is very good. R&D without commercialization is often a joke. Commercialization that must pay for the R&D in top dollars hurts.

I have tried a few times to straddle the boarder, but have yet to be successful.

Universities applying for R&D is an entirely different topic and likely inappropriate for this group. I do write for universities which leads me directly into the world of tech transfer. That is exciting writing.

So I am not sure where to start or what people are interested in. Perhaps the best is to contact me off list if there are any questions.

Nora

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l