Re: Re(2): Anyone familiar with "aspforums"?

Subject: Re: Re(2): Anyone familiar with "aspforums"?
From: Kevin Christy <kevinchristy -at- socal -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:10:38 -0700

Maybe I can refocus the discussion here... is anyone on the list currently
involved in documenting open software? Maybe you'd be willing to share you
reasons for doing so, and share some reflections/experiences.

1) Do you write documentation for open source software?

2) If you do, why?

3) What has your experience been with it (in terms of what the practicalities
are of working on an open-source project)?

4) If you have consciously decided not to, why?

For myself, I've been moving more of what I do over to Linux, and I think
it's fair to say that while some of the documentation is quite good, some is
not so good, and some is frankly non-existent. There appears to be plenty of
room for techwriters who want to contribute.

And before I get roasted for not checking the archives, I did, and didn't
find any obvious matches.

Peace,

Kevin

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l