Re: Sharepoint, Anyone?

Subject: Re: Sharepoint, Anyone?
From: Janet Murphy <janet -at- fuse -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:41:33 -0400

I want to keep this on the list for the archives -- there are a couple of
inquiries on Sharepoint, but only 2 posts.
janet

Suzanne,
Thanks for your expertise. As a jaded aside, if our IT group has made an
excellent choice, that will be a corporate first.

I get the picture that putting documents into SPS may be pretty easy.

I may have understated one concern that hopefully you can shed some insight on:

We have TONS -- gig after gig after gig -- of content in Lotus Notes databases.
Some Notes databases are really little applications that route and track tasks
performed by our technical/clerical staff (that is way understated) and feeds
data streams
to our mainframe systems.

How easy/difficult is it to migrate Notes content/workflow capabilities over to
Sharepoint?

Thanks,
Janet

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l