Re: STC backstabbing?

Subject: Re: STC backstabbing?
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:15:44 +0000

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:27:00 -0600, while chained to a desk in the scriptorium, kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

$
$|...when I consider the backstabbing and exploitation that are the norm in
$the STC ...
$
$
$Huh?
$
$I'm with Geoff. My experiences with the STC have been nothing but
$positive.

As have mine.

From a purely financial point of view, I've got enough work leads that
turned into work in my four years in the STC to pay my membership fees for the rest of my life--and then a whole lot more. The only place I've got more revenue bang for the buck is church choir--where a single business lead got me enough revenue to pay my annual choir fee until the year 2600.

On top of that, I've met some really warm, supportive people who are a pleasure to call friends and colleagues.

While I can't always get out to monthly coffee night meetings, I am always welcome when I can attend. I've had really good experiences at our last three annual general meetings. And the seminars and workshops I've attended have always been worthwhile.

While I agree with the comment that one of the magazines is a bit too theoretical for my needs, I often find interesting and useful articles in the other.

By and large, my special interest group fees have also been money well spent.

The organization has been really good to me, and has benn worth every bit of the annual membership fee to me--and more.

--
John Fleming
Technical Writer and SAS Programmer

Please respond to the group. My address is set to reject e-mail from senders not in my address book.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l