RE: real tech writers?

Subject: RE: real tech writers?
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:20:34 -0400 (EDT)

Nick,

If you take away the word "Degreed" from each of those bullet statements, the meaning will still apply. I have seen it from both sides.

I too, like a lot of folks here I bet, have worked in previous jobs/careers. I was a ditch digger, heavy equipment operator, Air Force Cop/Investigator for 20 years, Private Investigator, Car Salesman and so on.

I have worked in three different fields since getting a degree in Professional Writing; Military Tactical Vehicles, Computers, and Oil and Gas. I didn't know anything about these fields but I learned.

But, would I have done it for 10 dollars and hour? I think not. I love Technical Communication but, like you, if I have to do this work for peanuts I'll go back to selling cars.

Can a Web portal forever change your life?
Win up to $25 Million on iWon - click here!

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l