Re: Contact off-list/on-list (was Re: SLAVE labor?...)

Subject: Re: Contact off-list/on-list (was Re: SLAVE labor?...)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:09:25 -0700 (PDT)

Dick wrote...

> So here's my question. And I hope all those who have decided to
> hate me for things I never said take this opportunity to reply to
> me, either on- or off-list: Is there any way to determine a priori
> whether it is better to disagree with you in private or in public?
> Is there a general rule of netiquette that everyone but me knows
> about? Or should I just resolve to agree with what everyone says,
> regardless of the logical impossibility of doing so, and be done
> with it?

Dick...who CARES if one, two, or the whole blooming list doesn't
agree with a post. As long as it conforms with all of Eric's
guidelines, the rest is open-season. We've addressed each other
onlist and off and I don't think either of us took it personal. I say
what I think and I hope those who have strong feelings about my posts
would let's me know, and most often that not, on the list. As you and
others know, not agreeing with me isn't a prerequisite for writing a
post and me not agreeing with a post (yours or anyone elses) doesn't
stop me from writing a reply.

I WANT to see the disagreements on the content and thought process of
posts, both directed to me and between everyone else...it helps give
me a different perspective.

This isn't a list for "Nice technical writers", it is a list for
"Professional technical writers" and part of being professional is
handnig out and taking criticism and disagreements. For those who
cannot handle that, they probably can't handle it at work either and
they wonder why their peers avoid them.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
...and everything...is...42