Re: Contact off-list/on-list (was Re: SLAVE labor?...)

Subject: Re: Contact off-list/on-list (was Re: SLAVE labor?...)
From: "Mike MacLean" <Michael -dot- MacLean -at- alcatel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 28 Jun 2002 13:19:56 -0400

By no means am I one of the people who hates you (or anyone) for things you have said, but I'll venture my thoughts on this nevertheless.

I would tend to prefer seeing on-list answers to threads. The only situations that I'd answer off-list would be if I thought that it wouldn't be of interest to the wider group, if the thread was becoming OT, or if I accidentally clicked reply rather than reply all (which has happened on occasion). It seems to me that, for a public discussion group to prosper, the discussion must be in public.

The exception of course, are flames, which are a waste of bandwidth, on or off-list.

Finally, keep on disagreeing to your heart's content. The best threads on this list often arise out of two or more well informed posters arguing an issue from different sides.

--

Michael MacLean
Information Developer

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l