Re: Free/open source knowledge base system

Subject: Re: Free/open source knowledge base system
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:12:48 -0700

Darren Barefoot wrote:

We're basically looking for something with a Web interface that enables
you to create, modify and delete knowledge base entries, and then
publish them on the Web. It'd be cool if the publishing occurred
automagically, but not critical. We're not picky about the back-end:
MySQL, XML, whatever. And, of course, the simpler it is to use, the
better. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks. DB.

You could probably make do with a wiki very well. However, if you want a more sophisticated tool,have a look at Zope and its plugins. Somebody will probably have to customize, but I can virtually guarantee that with Zope you can get *precisely* what you want.

"There are characters which are continually creating collisions and nodes for themselves in dramas which nobody is prepared to act for them. Their susceptibilities will clash against objects that remain innocently quiet."
- George Eliot, "Middlemarch"

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l